Tuesday, March 3, 2009

relevant childsplay

so, i was babysitting the other day.  i asked the little girl, vivienne, age five, if she liked to draw.  she informed me that she preferred to color.  thus, i drew her a picture to color.  the result is the monster below (coloring of words and background by me):
little did she know that she was working on an advertisement.  
meanwhile, i had been encouraging her to draw something from her own imagination.  i asked if she would draw me a monster of her own.  vivienne said that she didnt know what monsters are supposed to look like.  i said that monsters can look like anything at all.  finally, while i was doodling a dinosaur for her to color, she handed me this (drawing by lil vivienne, coloring by me): 
i told her it was the best monster i'd seen in a long time.  ain't it?

lesson of the day: 
"flashlights in yr head at children"
-d.a. levy

No comments:

Post a Comment